Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Details!

Okay so here's an update on my teeth stuff! I had my consultation with my ortho and the surgeon on Thursday! The ortho told me that they decided to go on with the braces without doing the RPE (rapid palate expander) and instead doing consistent rubber bands going from the inside of the top teeth, to the outside of the bottom teeth, to try and pull the top teeth outwards.  I will have the braces for approximately a year, and then the surgery will occur, and then the braces for about 4-6 more months after the surgery! 
My next appointment was kind of the determining factor for it all, because I met with the surgeon who would tell me whether or not my disc needed to be replaced.  After a long wait, he determined that my disc was just fine and that fixing my bite would most likely fix the TMJ problems! This was great news because it ruled out another surgery! He said the ortho would just need to monitor the joints and possibly use some splint therapy to help my jaw. 
But for now the newest news is that on Tuesday, August 23rd, I will have a full set of braces :( Bummer. I'm most definitely not looking forward to this.  I know that it will all be okay in the end... I'm just not excited about dealing with braces for a year!
Well I will write again when I get the braces on!

No comments:

Post a Comment