Tuesday, August 9, 2011

M.. R.. I'm SCARED!

     Well today was my first EVER M.R.I!  The M.R.I was to take images of my jaw to check for a possible disc displacement on my left side.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but still it was still uncomfortable. 

      First, after waiting in the waiting room of course, I had to go into the the FREEZING cold room and lay on the table.  The tech gave me ear plugs because the machine would be loud during the process.  Next, she positioned my head correctly for the pictures, made sure I was comfortable and gave me a little ball thingy (technical term, obviously) to squeeze in case I needed to come out.  She left the room and I was put into the scanner.  At first I thought, "Well this ain't too bad!".  However, I didn't realize how long I was going to be in there, without movement! EEEK! I about had a panic attack! Then after about 30 minutes, I came out so she could put a gauze ball into my mouth to keep my mouth open.  Back into the coffin, I mean scanner, I went.  For another about 10-15 minutes I laid there still again and finally I was D.O.N.E.. I practically jumped off that table.  She burned the images onto a disc and I was on my way!

     Now all I have to do is wait until the 18th of August to meet with the Oral Surgeon so he can read the images! Can't wait! Ill write again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment