Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oh maaaan! I got a surgery date! :)

This right here was how excited I was today at my appointment with my surgeon BECAUSE...(drum roll please!)...I got a surgery date! Yes, yes, it's true- May 16th... approximately 1 month from now! Words can't describe how happy I am that it's working out this nicely! I got super lucky because my surgeon is to be leaving for Israel (yeah must be nice being a Dr and traveling the world ha) on the 19th! SO for me to be able to get the date that I wanted is really amazing! I am supposed to be seeing my orthodontist on May 1st, to get my surgical hooks in place and get everything squared away. Hopefully that same day I can have my pre-op appointment with my surgeon as well, but they said his nurse would call me later to get that set up! Its so relieving to actually have a date... knowing that this is actually moving along. :) I'm very lucky for everything.
I will post again soon- hopefully start my video blog process; although I'm still nervous about that part! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Britt, congratulations on your surgery date! You must be very excited. I totally agree with what you said about the reasons why your getting this surgery. A lot of people do react the way you said and think that your having it done for a superficial reason, yes there is an element of that but I know that for myself I cant wait to eat properly, to bite into things and to be able to speak properly!
    I hope your surgery goes well, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much and yes I am so very excited! Ive also started a video blog on YouTube.com (that I still need to update) that you can also follow if you're interested! Its under thebdailey10; titled "Double Jaw Surgery- video 1"
      I also hope your surgery goes well! Good luck to you!

      Delete