Saturday, March 24, 2012

All smiles!..Shiny, metal smiles :)

YAYYYY whoooo hoooo yippie! Yes, this is pure excitement over my ortho visit this past Thursday. They informed me that I looked wonderful and I am ready for surgery. He said he would get a letter sent to my surgeon telling him that they believe I am ready for surgery for this summer.  He also said I could go ahead and call him to set up another consultation in order for Dr. Bolding (my surgeon out of Springdale AR) to assess my bite to confirm that I am ready, and to look at available dates for this summer that I could do the surgery!

Luckily, Dr. Boldings nurse called me back right away and I am scheduled to have my consultation April 10th.  I'm so very excited to hear all this good news.  I am hoping that continues because I would ABSOLUTELY love for a date towards the middle/end of May.  I know that is so very soon but because of my school schedule, that would be the perfect time to fit it in.

Both of this images show how my bite has changed throughout the last 7 months.  This is my actual bite when I close my teeth together.

My bite the day I got my braces (August 23rd,2012)

My current bite (March 24th, 2012)

It feels like this is all happening so fast right now, and I'm thankful for that. My bite has just gotten so much worse (as you can see in the pictures ^) and not only is it terrible looking, its also uncomfortable to eat, talk, and even sleep. Having this surgery is changing much more than just my appearance.  It's going to change my daily life.  I think that is something that people tend to forget when I tell them about my plans for surgery.  Everyone is quick to say "I cannot believe you're going to go through that," or "You don't need to do that, you look fine already" or "I would never go through that."  But they do not understand my issues that I deal with stemming from this jaw problem.  Yes, my underbite has always bothered me from an appearance standpoint, but in the past two and a half years it has become a deeper concern than just my appearance. That is why I look forward to this surgery.
Well, hopefully in the end of the next two weeks I will find out my surgery date. I will post again then!
Thanks for reading,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment