Monday, October 31, 2011

Spacers

Last Friday I went back to the ortho for the first time since I got my braces on! It was a very very quick visit, about 5 minutes.  I just went in and got spacers put in between all my molars (I got 8 in total, two in each quadrant.)  I was in a lot of pain and still am having trouble eating. I go back again on Thursday to get them out, and get rings around my back molars that will continue this process of moving my teeth around! I'm getting more anxious as this process goes along because I feel like my teeth have already moved so much!
Spacers on the bottom

Spacers on the top (sorry for the nares shot!)
One thing that has been getting my down is that because my teeth are moving around so much and my bite has changed a lot,  my speech has also become affected.  It's changed so much that my words are becoming more difficult to get out and I sound like I have a lisp.  This is getting very annoying as I do enjoy talking, a lot :)  I get nervous  thinking about how its only going to get worse before its better.  Eating is also becoming a task as my teeth don't really allow me to bite correctly.  I'm hoping I get to talk to my ortho a little on my next visit this week to see about how they feel I'm progressing!


No comments:

Post a Comment