Monday, November 28, 2011

My not-so-awesome wired life.

After having my braces for just days over three months now (oh my, is that all..really?) I've realized how much I despise the stupid little, pointy brackets, tiny little wires, and small stretchy elastics.  Not only am I beginning to sound like a slightly girlie Elmer Fudd, but eating in public without the gawking of passerby's is virtually impossible.  I am in a lot of pain, as well, due to some gruesome sores as a result of those precious brackets making their way deep into my tongue, cheeks, and lips.

I am making it through each day by religiously researching other peoples ventures through jaw surgery, reassuring myself that I will, in fact, make it to the day in which my face will be transformed.  I am beginning to wonder how these other people weren't going stir crazy waiting for their own surgery date to come.  In their videos and blogs they seem as if they're just going along their daily life, calm, talking about the surgery they are anticipating.  I can honestly say that every time I look in the mirror I try to picture what I will look like when its all said and done.  My smile is getting worse and worse, looking more disfigured by the day. I guess the main reason that I'm so eager for my surgery is that the pain is becoming more difficult to cope with.  Actually, I would say the pain has slowly increased, but the comfort level of my bite is almost unbearable.  I find myself in class searching for the best way to rest my mouth to where it doesn't feel unnatural.  I'm just glad that it will not be like this forever.

On a positive note, I just got back to reality today from Thanksgiving Break.  It was amazing! I got to go to Little Rock, AR, with my family to see the rest of my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, mamaw, and papaw).  It was a great time and a much needed break!  Also, our football team (Pitt State) is going to the 3rd round of playoffs this Saturday and I'm very excited for that!

I do have to touch on one thing, before I complete this slightly long rant.  I am so thankful to have the friends and family that I have around me.  They love me even though I look ridiculous and complain about it more than the normal human being.  Also, a thanks to my boyfriend, Colby, who is really the one who puts up with the whining.  I know its no fun to hear me cry about how stupid I think I look, how I hate talking in front of people, and how these sore HURT so bad! ;)  Anyways, I guess I'm trying to say I love you all who are constantly here for me through everything.

I've included some snapshots of the people that mean so much to me.  For those of you that are looking at these pictures for jaw surgery purposes, keep in mind that I've become very well at hiding my underbite/crossbite, so these pictures do not show it very well! I'll include some raw footage of that later ha!

My loving boyfriend, Colby, and I

Part of my wonderful family! (Dad, me, sister Andrea, sister Renee, Mom)



High School friends (Erin, Lindsey, me, Angie, Kelly, Taylor, Lindsey)
Best friends from AU (Nicole, Sara, me, Jaysa)
Best friend! (Lindsey)  GO PITT! :)

 Roomiesss! :) (Me, Lindsey, Fay, Stephanie)



More posts to come,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment